Return (%) YTD not updating.

Options
eurogenes
eurogenes Member ✭✭
edited May 15 in Investing (Windows)

In my Investing tab, I have added the column for Return % YTD and it doesn't seem to ever update.

FSELX has been "stuck" at 26.93% and AAPL has been at -2.9917% for quite a while now.

As far as I am aware, I have the most up to date version which is v56.9. The Build is 27.1.56.9

Are any of you seeing this? It's not a big deal for me, but it should be updating.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    Options

The data for that column does not depend on your transaction history; it is downloaded from Quicken's quote provider. It is only valid as of the last time you updated quotes and is not stored, so it does not change when you change the As of date on the Portfolio views.

For periods of less than one year like YTD, you could try the ROI (%) YTD column, or for 1 year or more, use the Avg Annual Return columns or the Investment Performance Report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • eurogenes
    eurogenes Member ✭✭
    Options

I appreciate your insight. I never change the As of date. I only use the One Step Update for daily viewing and downloads from Fidelity. I'm not a financial guy…I'm just a guy watching his 401K & Roth in the final few working years, and until recently, I was several thousand dollars in the negative for AAPL, but I realized today that the Return % YTD has never changed to a positive % for AAPL in my Roth. A mutual fund that I have in both the Roth and my 401K also never changes in either account. I'll try the ROI. Much appreciated!!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note ROI can be off if you have Added or Removed securities, normal Buys, Sells, and dividends should be OK.

QWin Premier subscription