soldx transaction changes to sold when saved

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
When I try to manually enter a soldx transaction, it changes to sold when saved.  It won't let me access the down arrow to change the Action.  Seems to be a new problem as I have been able to change them previously.

A second problem is: When I accept downloaded Bought transactions, the Cash amount says N/A. I can't override that either.

Quicken 2015 Premier on Windows 7

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That N/A indicates that you've got a Placeholder transaction in the account, for that security.  If you don't see such, it would be because you don't have "Show hidden transactions" turned on:  EDIT, Preferences, Investment Transactions and then check "Show hidden transactions".

re the Sold/SoldX, have you tried clicking the EDIT button on the specific transaction, and making the change there ... rather than trying to change the Action value in the transaction?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I do have 2 placeholders that I haven't been able to get rid of yet.  They don't make sense.

re the Sold/SoldX...yes, I have tried the edit function also.  The dropdown "Enter Transaction" window doesn't include the SoldX option.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016

I do have 2 placeholders that I haven't been able to get rid of yet.  They don't make sense.

re the Sold/SoldX...yes, I have tried the edit function also.  The dropdown "Enter Transaction" window doesn't include the SoldX option.

SoldX is an automatically applied action when a different account is selected in the "Record proceeds?" section of the Enter Transactions dialogue.

Try deleting the placeholders in the Banking Transactions report.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016

Yay...the placeholders trick worked!!!  Thank you!

The "Record proceeds" section is grayed out and not selectable in the edit transaction screen
  • markus1957
    edited December 2016

Very strange... So you cannot select the "To:" circle? What type of investment account and security?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016

Correct.  It is a 401(a) account with a single security that was originally set up under the 401(k)/403(b) attributes
  • markus1957
    edited December 2016

Odd I can select a cash transfer from a sale in my 401k so I'm stumped. Are your non-retirement accounts functioning the same way or just this one?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016

It works fine on other accounts.  I think I figured it out...If I enter the transaction by selecting "Enter Transactions" button under the account name, it works.  I had been entering the transaction manually starting with the default current date at the bottom of the page.  Not sure why the difference.  Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2019
    I have the same problem where my downloaded transactions are SoldX but those manually entered are Sold.  I have about 8 Funds in my 401k and noticed that my Janis Balanced fund allows me to enter manually as SoldX, whereas ALL the other funds disable the Record Proceeds To option.   So I manually enter all my SoldX under the Janis fund.  I then edit the saved transaction in the register to the desired Fund.

[removed]
This discussion has been closed.