Do you use invoicing for your small business? We want your feedback! Learn More
Quicken keeps inserting the wrong basis for shares
I realized that my cost basis in 1739 shares of a stock was astronomical...I tracked down the problem from a transaction in 1987 (I'm a long-time used of Quicken). My actual cost basis in these shares is $0. Even when I input $0, Quicken calculates the basis for these in the bzillions (literally...there aren't even any commas). I've deleted the transaction...looked at the portfolio and my basis for this holding is where it should be. When I re-enter the 1987 information for the 1739 shares, I'm back to the bzillions figure. Yes, it does have the asterisk, showing that it's a placeholder. I don't want a placeholder...I want Quicken to recognize $0 as my cost basis. Here's the screenshot of my supposed basis.
This discussion has been closed.