Quickern 2015 multiple investment accounts

vharrell
vharrell Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have pre-tax 401k and 457b accounts.  They are both connected to quicken fine.  However, in the paycheck setup, it will not allow me to have set up pre-tax contributions to more than one account.   How can I do this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Why can't you do that?  What happens?  Because I have pre-tax deductions in my wife's paycheck that go to both her HSA account and to her 403b account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• vharrell
    vharrell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I don't know.  I found a work around by doing a miscellaneous deduction and transferring the amount so the check balances.  It grays out the option once the first one has been added. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    vharrell said:

I don't know.  I found a work around by doing a miscellaneous deduction and transferring the amount so the check balances.  It grays out the option once the first one has been added. 

In the Paycheck Wizard, can you put it in as "Other Pre-tax deduction" and transfer that to the other account?

• vharrell
    vharrell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    vharrell said:

That is what I ended up doing. I just thought It was just really odd that it wouldn't allow another type investment account
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    vharrell said:

I'm curious.  How is it that you have both a 401k and a 457b account?  I thought that the participant eligibility was pretty much one or the other ... like 401k and 403b (which my wife has) are one or the other.

• vharrell
    vharrell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    vharrell said:

Where I work we have the option for both and can participate in both.  
This discussion has been closed.