Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

Collapse Categories in Budget view

hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
Suggestion: add a collapse categories toggle to annual budget view
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I don't follow what you are talking about, you can already collapse the category groups, and the parent categories.  And you can't really collapse a category, there isn't anything under it.

Are you talking about something like Collapse All, Expand All?
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yes a Collapse All or Expand All...When I select the planning tab and then select budgets, and the annual view is displayed, all categories are in the expanded view with all sub-categories displayed. I have to manually collapse each category to "roll up" the subcategories.  When I return to the budget at  a later date the categories are expanded and I have to repeat the steps to collapse each category. It should either remain as I left it when I reopen my budget or have a single toggle, as featured in other reports and displays, that will collapse all categories with a single selection.
  • Jim BlassJim Blass Member
    edited January 2018
    I agree.  It is a PITB to have to collapse all the budget categories every time you open the Planning tab.  I would rather have them all collapsed the first time I go in and them manually expand the one I want to look at.
  • House WalkHouse Walk Member
    edited April 2018
    I have the same problem. In my opinion the collapsed view should be the default view and then you expand as you need. Is there any way to submit a suggestion like this to Quicken to try to get this changed for a future release?
  • Jim BlassJim Blass Member
    edited April 2018
    Still a PITB.  Seems like this would be a simple upgrade.  I can only imagine this is aggravating to a large number of users.  I think the default should be collapsed and then you can expand the categories you want to explore.
  • AnthonyAnthony Member
    edited April 2018
    YES, I ditto this  completely! I just spent 45 minutes looking for SOME where  in Preferences or budget options to try and have categories  default to collapsed view (or, however I left them last) in Planning.  Quicken, can you please fix this? For all the pointless little option toggles which are available that I will NEVER use,  this is a simple (useful) one that obviously was overlooked.
  • edited April 2018
    Not a perfect solution, but the budget reports have collapse/expand all as a feature. I think the intention is to use budget reports to analyze and review your budgets. The planning tab is for creating, setting and managing them.
  • user_rehuser_reh Member ✭✭
    When I'm actively working on my budget, I also feel it is absolutely needed to collapse/expand all in a single click. It does seem obvious this should be included.
  • vlnielsenvlnielsen Member ✭✭
    I agree with all above posters. We need an "expand all", "collapse all" function on the planning tab.