QWin 2017 Premier: Not calculating investment market value correctly

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken not correctly calculating market value after entering data

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hard to say what, if anything, is wrong here; there's just not enough information to go on.  You'd think if this was a chronic problem with QWin 2017 there would be tons of posts about it, but I don't remember seeing that.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're looking at?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks!!  I am entering a dividend into a mutual fund and Quicken is not calculating the resulting increase correctly.  I am using the dialogue box showing reinvested dividend.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

Thanks!!  I am entering a dividend into a mutual fund and Quicken is not calculating the resulting increase correctly.  I am using the dialogue box showing reinvested dividend.

Sorry, I'm not following along.  If I use the reinvested dividend "Wizard" I enter the dollar amount of the dividend and the number of shares those dollars purchased and the Wizard comes up with a cost per share figure.

That cost per share figure becomes the "Quote" for that stock on that date, at least temporarily.

But if I update the quote for the security after that, and the day's ending price is different than the "reinvestment" price, the quote updates accordingly.

But everything is being calculated correctly at each step.
This discussion has been closed.