account overview sold lots - shows the same date and values for all sold lots.

CG
CG Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I use Quicken Rental Property Manager 2016. Please see the image below. I have sold securities in various dates and different quantities. But the sold lots all show the exact date and quantities of the very first transaction. I do not recall seeing this problem before. Is this an error in my settings or a glitch in the software?image

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am not seeing that behavior in QW2017 H&B.  I would suspect a glitch in the the GUI.  Nothing your settings can do.  

My first thought would be to exit, and re-open the Holdings view.

If the same behavior shows, try setting up a simple test file to see if the same behavior appears.

It may be that a Validate and Repair step (File -- File Operations, preferably on a copy of your data file) might help.
  • CG
    CG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi, I have tried everything and it is the same for all my accounts. I have been seeing this problem for a long time, but did not have the time before to post it here on the Community Support. Is there any thing related to investment settings such as first bought fist sold, or cost averaging?

Is this some type of glitch that Quicken support should know about? Do they get to see these posts or should I contact them directly? Thanks
  • CG
    CG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hello, Could anyone take a closer look at this problem?
  • Derek
    Derek Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I have the same problem with Premier 2017. Validate File shows no errors, rebuilding investment lots did not fix the problem. All sold lots are not shown and the ones that are display the same date and value and are wrong.
  • CG
    CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I am so disappointed that no one has offered to help or follow up since I posted about this problem about 2 months ago. Is there any way to get the Quicken Support group attention? 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I see the same problem in QWin US Premier 2017 R14

Steps to reproduce:
    In Investing Portfolio view, click on Options at the top right and select Show closed lots
    Show Holdings and group by Accounts
    Pick a security that has more than one closed lots associated with it and click on the + at the left to show the holdings.

As in CG's screenshot above, one gray bar is displayed for each closed lot but the bars are all identical, with what appears to be data from the first sale that closed out a lot.

It's not obvious what data *should* be displayed here - probably the original purchase date, the close-out date, and the total gain or loss for the lot.  

The totals and current holdings do not appear to be affected, but the data displayed in this view is incorrect.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Perhaps another way to deal with this would be to use the Tax/Capital Gains report. Select appropriate date range, accounts, and securities. Export to Excel and in Excel sort by Account/Security/Bought/Sold.

Clumsy, but at least it will show the history for all your tax lots.
  • Derek
    Derek Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Closed lots used to display correctly, I also have Premier 2017 R14 but also had the problem with Premier 2015 just before I updated to 2017 last month. I sold a stock yesterday creating the first closed lot and it displays correctly displaying selling price, # of shares, cost basis, and gain or loss. Other stocks with multiple closed lots are still displayed incorrectly and are all the same.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Yes,  it seems the problem only shows up if you have more than one closed lot in a particular account/security. The first closed lot shows correctly and it shows the correct number of closed lots, but later ones show as duplicates of the first.

Sounds like an index not being incremented or something.
  • CG
    CG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Jim,

Just noticed your posts. I wanted to chime in and say that I agree with Derek, the closed lots used to display correctly in a not too distant past! Not sure what has changed. This is definitely an issue that Quicken team must revisit. who knows what other problems are lurking in the background.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    CG said:

Hi Jim,

Just noticed your posts. I wanted to chime in and say that I agree with Derek, the closed lots used to display correctly in a not too distant past! Not sure what has changed. This is definitely an issue that Quicken team must revisit. who knows what other problems are lurking in the background.

In contrast to my post 2 months ago (July 31) when I was likely on R6 or R10, I am now seeing the issue with QW2017 R15.  That makes it really odd IMO.  Broken in QW2016, fixed in early QW2017, broken in later QW2017 ... or else I just misread aspects with my earlier QW2017 views.
  • Derek
    Derek Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    CG said:

Hi Jim,

Closed lots were broken in QW2015 and are still broken in QW2017 R15 after I upgraded.
  • yasminmadelene
    yasminmadelene Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have the same issue. It's a major bug for a financial software, and one which Quicken has failed to fix for months now.
  • yasminmadelene
    yasminmadelene Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Just updated to Quicken Premier 2017 R15 (Build 26.1.15.5). Unfortunately, the issue with sold lots hasn't been addressed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello - FYI I upgraded from 2017 where this problem has existed since day-1 as far as I know.  I am now on Premier 2018, Version 3.4, Build 27.1.3.4

Issue still exists.  Until they fix this, I do notice the underlying data seems to be intact.  I.e. you can right-click on any security in the Investments screen, go to 'Security View' and see the individual Buy/Sell transactions in the top of that form.  Once in that form you can also double-click on any single transaction which pops the investment-transaction form showing the underlying details of that individual transaction (also allows editing there).

Point being, the data is there and is accurate and leads one to believe that the problem lies in the underlying query in the main 'Investments' form where you split out the buy/sold lots by clicking on the ('+')

May be tricky to fix - depending on what values you choose to display (and there are many) - this split could get funky deriving / calculating various values - but even if they just made it behave as the 'Buy' line as far as deriving values would be a good first step.  Just leave certain values blank if necessary.

Will keep an eye on this thread - would definitely be cool if they would fix this...
  • yasminmadelene
    yasminmadelene Member ✭✭
    This issue still hasn't been resolved on Quicken 2019, Version R18.16, Build 27.1.18.16. And not a single word from Quicken. Simply unbelievable...
  • Jim_Harman
    edited June 2019
    I agree this is an ongoing problem.

I have created a new Idea post for this issue. Please go here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854514/fix-display-of-closed-lots-in-investing-account-overview-and-portfolio-views/p1?new=1

and click on the little triangle in the big blue box to vote for it. Hopefully that will get the attention of the powers that be at Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.