Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.x Released

Options
13»

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

I can't seem to find the update. Even the Check for Update option from the software says my current version is up to date.

Hillary,

It's fully released now. If you purchased from other than the Mac App Store, it should come up when you click menu Quicken > Check for Updates.

If you purchased from the MAS, it should show in the Updates pane of the MAS. If it's not there, then delete the program from your Applications folder and re download it from the Purchased tab in the MAS.

If you are trying to update a MAS 2015 or 2016 version, see here:

Updating Mac App Store Older Versions
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    HansT said:

As of 4.6.6, I'm still experiencing a nightmare re account updates.  Of my 18 online accounts, only 4-6 successfully update on any given day.  The others haven't updated in over a month, according to the "Account Status" window.  Plus, the dates showing for the un-updated accounts are insane, e.g. 2017/09/2217 or 2017/09/1517.  And, every time I attempt an update, I get the dreaded "OFX #-1002" error.  HELP!!!imageimage

I have the same thing, however in my case the accounts that don't update have had no activity. For example, a savings account I hardly touch. If/when it has some change, then Quicken shows it as updated. Not saying this is right, but could this be the case with your non-updating accounts? Still, this is maddening. If this is a feature, then please get rid of it. Users expect to see EVERY account shown as updating so we KNOW the system is functioning. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    Options
    HansT said:

As of 4.6.6, I'm still experiencing a nightmare re account updates.  Of my 18 online accounts, only 4-6 successfully update on any given day.  The others haven't updated in over a month, according to the "Account Status" window.  Plus, the dates showing for the un-updated accounts are insane, e.g. 2017/09/2217 or 2017/09/1517.  And, every time I attempt an update, I get the dreaded "OFX #-1002" error.  HELP!!!imageimage

What I've also noticed is that in Quicken Mac 2017 when I do a One Step Update...the Update Window appears AFTER the Direct Connect banks are downloaded but BEFORE the Quicken Connect banks download.

Thus, I have to look at the circle-arrow to see when the downloading process is actually complete. 
  • Robert1
    Robert1 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Chase account updates have stopped downloading. Account Status still reports "Last Connection Successful" but zero downloads. Deactivated and reactivated all Chase accounts. Confirmed Direct Connect. Confirmed downloading to Quicken is enabled via the Chase website. Toggled between "Download all available transactions" and "Download transaction starting: [past date]" in Troubleshooting. Nothing has worked. Contacted Chase and they have opened  ticket but have no solution at this time. Any advice?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello?!?!? Every single time I use Quicken it fails on Vanguard password. I update it and and it happens again and again and again. And you want me to buy 2018? 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Michelle said:

After a few tries, it finally migrated me to the updated version last night. Total disaster. All my accounts are screwed up, missing transactions, have balances that are off etc.  It seems a lot had to do with manually edited transactions, but that doesn't seem to be all of it. Several of my accounts are many thousands of dollars off. I'm very unhappy, since this is a very inconvenient time for this to happen for me. Will there be a fix? Is there a way to go back to yesterday do I can salvage what I can?

Mine is an absolute mess as well.  I didn't about this migration and I updated only to run into all kinds of trouble.  For the first time EVER I cannot balance my checking account.  One of my savings accounts shows a different balance when I try to reconcile.  One big mess and I've tried to bring back my backups and it just gets worse.  I think I have to start all over after many many years of using quicken on my PC then went to MAC a few years ago, never did like the change over to MAC but this is horrible! 
This discussion has been closed.