Budget report investment income missing

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I run a budget report every month.  Last month I updated my Quicken 2017 Premier program to Version R15 Build 26.1.15.2 (I run on Windows 10).  This month, my investment income does not show up in the budget report.  I expect to see "realized gains" & "unrealized gains".  I have gone over all the parameters for the report and they are correct.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone know how to correct it?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It is not clear to me why you would want to think of realized and especially unrealized gain as part of your income budget, but ignoring that for the moment...

If you go to Planning/Budgets and select Budget Actions/Select categories to budget, select Personal income and Show hidden categories, are _RlzdGain and _UnrlzdGain checked?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    And if you open the report and click on the gear at the top right, select Categories and Show hidden categories, are _RlzdGain and _UnrlzdGain selected there also, and on Advanced, is Include unrealized gains also checked?
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    For me with those settings, I see reasonable-looking numbers for _RlzdGain. _UnrlzdGain has a row in the report but it is always zero.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

It is not clear to me why you would want to think of realized and especially unrealized gain as part of your income budget, but ignoring that for the moment...

If you go to Planning/Budgets and select Budget Actions/Select categories to budget, select Personal income and Show hidden categories, are _RlzdGain and _UnrlzdGain checked?

Jim - - Thanks for reply.  First, I like to "budget my investment gains/losses (both realized and unrealized).  Think of that part of my budget as the desired rate of return on investments from the "Lifetime Planner".  I like to see how I'm doing as compared to my budget target.  Also, considering how I am actually performing, I can adjust my discretionary spending accordinly - - all from information on one report.  I have used this report since the 90's and it has worked perfectly until this month. 

Regarding categories to display, it appears that _RlzdGain and _UnrlzdGain have been moved to Personal Income group.  I had moved all of the income and expense categories to the Income and Expense groups and didn't see this switch.  I have corrected and the report now works.

Thanks - -

Rod
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    See above.  Report now works.  My unrealized gain is not zero.  The unrealized gain portion of the investment income report contains one entry for each day in the selected period for every security contained in each account.
This discussion has been closed.