Missing investment transactions in Quicken for Mac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
When using Quicken for windows 2015 it would automatically enter a payment/deposit transaction for every buy transaction that was downloaded.  This kept my cash balance at zero.  When I upgraded to quicken for mac 2016 these transactions are no longer entered. in the register.  Does the mac version not support this feature or do I need to do something to turn this back on?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you.  Is this a change from Quicken for windows.  I didn't change brokerage accounts, but they no longer appear since I switched to QM.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    SB Boston said:

Thank you.  Is this a change from Quicken for windows.  I didn't change brokerage accounts, but they no longer appear since I switched to QM.

@SB Boston are you referring to the linked MM account in QW?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    SB Boston said:

I have a fidelity account which I downloaded all transactions to QW15 401k investment register.  Each paycheck there would be a buy transaction for the selected funds in my portfolio.  When I downloaded these buy transactions in Quicken, QW added an offsetting transaction (with a pencil status icon) in my register showing a cash adjustment so it would be zero cash in the account.  After I flipped to QM16, these transactions were no longer added and i now have a negative cash balance.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    SB Boston said:

Thank You RickO,  i have updated my paycheck deduction to transfer to this account.  QW must work differently from QM as QW automatically created these transactions for me and did not have to do a transfer.  Thank You
  • Concordman
    Concordman Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    SB Boston said:

Suspect you initially  set this up as a xfer in QW before it remembered the transactions for you.
  • John_M
    John_M Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks.   I am using my paycheck and scheduled employer contribution transaction to solve.  

What puzzles me is how the cash adjustments (that appear to be manual) were entered into the register as I didn't enter them.  What I didn't show in the detail above is that the cash adjustments are for the exact amount of each buy transaction and they also contain a note:  "Offset cash for 03/31/2016 Buy transaction."  Each week the date would change in the notes.  My only conclusion is that if Quicken didn't make a matching deposit, Fidelity must have changed what they send through the direct connect method the same time I switched to QM16. Coincidence?

Regardless, i changed to the method described above.  Thanks for your help. 
This discussion has been closed.