Problem emailing invoices in new version of Quicken HB&R 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Would it be possible to give users the option of either using the built-in email program or an external program such as Outlook? I believe this is the way it's done in QuickBooks.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Stuart Schmitt
    Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Would it be possible to give users the option of either using the built-in email program or an external program such as Outlook? I believe this is the way it's done in QuickBooks.

Amen!  Just let me send my invoices the old way or let me trade 2018 for 2017.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do we have an update on this? I have been on the phone with support for over an hour trying to get an answer. Due to the nature of my business, I must have a copy of any email I send for business. I am unable to see proof of this anywhere in Quicken. I simply must have the option of sending through Outlook. Additionally, I need the ability to use my business email address when sending an email - it keeps defaulting to my quicken id - And, to make matters worse, it shows my business email as in use - why can't I merge the 2?
  • Stuart Schmitt
    edited February 2018
    Options

Do we have an update on this? I have been on the phone with support for over an hour trying to get an answer. Due to the nature of my business, I must have a copy of any email I send for business. I am unable to see proof of this anywhere in Quicken. I simply must have the option of sending through Outlook. Additionally, I need the ability to use my business email address when sending an email - it keeps defaulting to my quicken id - And, to make matters worse, it shows my business email as in use - why can't I merge the 2?

Hi Laura,

As a work around this problem with 2018 I have been emailing my invoices to my outlook email address and then I forward the email invoice from outlook to my customers.  It's a pain in aXX but it seems to work.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Another method is to print invoices to a pdf file, and then attach them to emails (I have been doing this using Outlook)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Sorry that option is not possible (at least not now). Do you have any thoughts on whether my suggestion above works for you? Pasting it below again for convenience.

"We are working on CC, BCC. But we are finding it tough to implement the 'Sent' mails. So, I wanted to know if it'll work if we gave an option for you like 'Send me a copy' that you can turn on in your preferences and we'll send a copy of that email to your email ID in 'BCC'. Will that solve your 'Sent' items problem?"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited February 2018
    Options

Also, we should be able to permanently change the From address as well as the Subject and not have to change it for every invoice.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

My concern with the emails coming from Quicken and not showing up in my sent mail is, where is this email sent record stored?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

@Greg, noted. We we are addressing that soon. 

@Donna, sent record is currently not stored anywhere. The proposal is for you to be able to mark a 'copy' for yourself so that we'll send a BCC copy to the email ID that you want us to. This is a work around we are suggesting since it's a lot of effort to store 'sent' emails.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

We are working on CC, BCC. But we are finding it tough to implement the 'Sent' mails. So, I wanted to know if it'll work if we gave an option for you like 'Send me a copy' that you can turn on in your preferences and we'll send a copy of that email to your email ID in 'BCC'. Will that solve your 'Sent' items problem?

Adding a BCC option is just an “ok” fix. It still requires one more step when I’ve already hit 30+ “buttons” to email one invoice. (That’s over 3000 unneeded steps when sending 100+ emails).

I’m quite curious as to why the sent emails are not being stored in my email account’s sent file. Any other program I use to send via gmail, aol, yahoo, etc automatically shows the corresponding sent file in that account.

What I’m tryjng to say is that I don’t need Quicken to store them ... I just need them in my email account’s sent file.

Thanks for your help and keeping me informed on the progress. I really appreciate it
  • John Ruggiero
    John Ruggiero Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with invoices.

I'm using Quicken Home Business and Rental Property 2018.  Before with 2017 when I entered invoices there was a button for Receive Payment.  It then took me right to the paid invoices page for that particular invoice and I could enter my information.  Now with 2018 the button is grayed out.  Does anybody know why this is?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with invoices.

I'm using Quicken Home Business and Rental Property 2018.  Before with 2017 when I entered invoices there was a button for Receive Payment.  It then took me right to the paid invoices page for that particular invoice and I could enter my information.  Now with 2018 the button is grayed out.  Does anybody know why this is?

If you have no proof of an invoice being sent, is there any benefit of documenting it being received?  (sarcasm, or maybe its a subliminal suggestion to revert back to cash sales to avoid keeping records)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited February 2018
    Options

Please start your own thread. Your problem has nothing to do with emailing invoices.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Different Topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Receive payment grayed out
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Something that might be easier is to add a manual SMTP Relay, this would allow for us to use our own email address, be able to send in the exact same way as Outlook and have a copy end up in the sent folder.

I was expecting at least to be able to use my own account authorization to send emails from my own account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

@Greg, for your suggestion to 'permanently change' the From and Subject, is it sufficient if we remember the last 'From' and 'Subject' that you entered? 
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited February 2018
    Options

Yes, that would be an improvement over having to change it every invoice.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like the concept of this feature (as well as the PAID stamp) on the invoices. Old school was printing them, stamping them manually, scanning them as PDF and then attaching to an email. I also like the demarkation of PAID in Quicken on the invoice, itself. 

I, too, feel that the ability to have a "sender profile" is a must. We should be able to track when emails are sent (even if it is "Emailed on 2/14/2018"), as well as creating a template that is not so "amateurish" (as one user put it). I have to change the subject line, the text body, and then add some things to my signature line. Oh, and remove the "Powered by Quicken" (this is not free software, so I don't desire to support you with advertising. This isn't @hotmail.)

It's still a time saver, but if you are sucking me into having to auto-renew every year now, let's really make this worthwhile. 
  • Stuart Schmitt
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Emailing invoices.

Quicken 2018 will not allow me to email my invoices using Outlook like we use to be able to do.  I now have to email the invoices to myself and then forward them to my customers.  This is a real pain.  Is Quicken working to resolve this problem?
  • vabello
    vabello Member
    Options
    The fact that Quicken has email going through their own servers and spoofing the sender's email address is the core issue of this problem. Apparently, Quicken has no idea how email infrastructure works and never heard of DMARC and thinks this is an acceptable way to send email reliably. In my instance, my sending email address is at an Apple domain. Apple's DMARC record says to quarantine messages that fail the DMARC check which is what happens by large organizations that check DMARC like Google. The header checks fail.

All solutions need to come from Quicken. These involve allowing you to send email through your own email client, getting SMTP settings from the user to send through their mail provider's mail server so DMARC checks pass, or sending from Quicken's domain such as noreply@quicken.com.

Below is part of the email headers of a message sent via Quicken.

Authentication-results: ms11p00im-qufv10083201.me.com; dmarc=fail
     header.from=me.com
    x-dmarc-info: pass=fail; dmarc-policy=quarantine; s=r0; d=r0
    x-dmarc-policy: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; rua=mailto:d@rua.agari.com;
     ruf=mailto:d@ruf.agari.com;
    Authentication-results: ms11p00im-qufv10073001.me.com; dkim=pass (1024-bit key)
     header.d=quicken.com header.i=@quicken.com header.b=j6EHGJG2
    Authentication-results: ms11p00im-qufv17234001.me.com; spf=pass

Quicken - please read up on DMARC and fix your product.

https://dmarc.org/

This discussion has been closed.