How to edit the Action on multiple downloaded transactions? Quicken 2016 Premier Windows 7

Ray Pantlik
Ray Pantlik Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
How to edit the Action on multiple downloaded transactions? Quicken 2016 Premier Windows 7

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Please back up a bit. Have these transactions already been accepted so that they are in the transaction list (register) or are they waiting to be accepted?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ray Pantlik
    Ray Pantlik Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I believe the answer to your question is that they have already been accepted. To explain these transactions were downloaded from institution as qfx file, then I imported them. It is an investment account and I need to change the action from "Bought" to "Added" and the "Sold" to "Removed" so as to not change the cash balance. I have typically had to edit each individual transaction as described above but I wanted to know if there was another time saving way to edit these transactions in batches.
  • Ray Pantlik
    Ray Pantlik Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jim, I appreciate your prompt response.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Jim, I appreciate your prompt response.

Short answer- No, each has to be edited individually. 

Although you seem to be improvising rather than importing investment transaction history. Normal investment transaction history would not require the manipulation your are describing.
This discussion has been closed.