Quicken 2017: Holdings Not Updating Properly For Shares Added

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have 2 accounts which include the same security (among others). When I enter a Reinvest transaction in one of the accounts the holdings for that account is disregarding the previously owned shares and only counting ht new ones. When I expand the holding in the Holdings screen I only see the latest transaction. The other account is working fine (showing the proper totals and transactions). 

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    if you delete the reinvest transaction in the problem account, what happens, i.e. does it go back to the proper amount of shares?  Have you tried rebuilding investment lots?   (File,File operations repair & validate)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bob L said:

if you delete the reinvest transaction in the problem account, what happens, i.e. does it go back to the proper amount of shares?  Have you tried rebuilding investment lots?   (File,File operations repair & validate)

Deleting and re-entering the transactions did not help. Rebuilding the investment lots didn't help either. Currently, none of the transactions are appearing in the Holdings page but in the transactions page, it's showing the proper share balance for transactions up until 2017. When I set the Holdings page to show closed lots it's showing 8 closed lots for the opening share balance at the opening buying price all dated 1/22/2017. Considering that there have only been 8 transactions involving this particular holding it looks like Quicken (I currently do not have the 2017 transactions entered) it looks like every time I entered a transaction the Holdings page interprets it as a sale. The first was a Buy, the other 7 were Reinvest. I have no idea why it thinks any of them were sales.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dave, I suspect you may have a hidden Placeholder which is confusing the situation. Go to Edit/Preferences/Investment Transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked.

Also Quicken has a general issue with closed lots on the account Holdings page and also the Investing Portfolio view when grouped by accounts. If more than one lot has been sold, the data from the first sold lot is repeated for each line rather than showing the correct data for each lot.

If you look at the Investing Capital Gains report, you should see the correct information for lots that have been sold.

The closed lots issue is discussed in detail here
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/account-overview-sold-lots-shows-the-same-date-a...
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Dave, I suspect you may have a hidden Placeholder which is confusing the situation. Go to Edit/Preferences/Investment Transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked.

Also Quicken has a general issue with closed lots on the account Holdings page and also the Investing Portfolio view when grouped by accounts. If more than one lot has been sold, the data from the first sold lot is repeated for each line rather than showing the correct data for each lot.

If you look at the Investing Capital Gains report, you should see the correct information for lots that have been sold.

The closed lots issue is discussed in detail here
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/account-overview-sold-lots-shows-the-same-date-a...

Thanks, Jim. That is exactly what the problem was! It's fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.