I have two Investment Accounts that are way off balance. What if i delete both accounts and start ag

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have two investment accounts that are way off balance. What if i close/delete accounts from Quicken, and start again? They are about 15 years old.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I suggest you save a data file backup (Ctrl + B) before you begin.  Deleting accounts can be tricky when there are transfers with other accounts. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder. I dont actually have a transfer on these two accounts. I dont really want to delete them, but I its gone way out of control.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Pat said:

Thank you for the reminder. I dont actually have a transfer on these two accounts. I dont really want to delete them, but I its gone way out of control.

Where are they out of control?
    Market Value, qty of shares, cost basis

Also, how much history are you talking about deleting?  It might take a lot to put it all back in, whereas fixing it may take less effort.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    And depending on the date of your transactions in the investment accounts, your financial institution may not allow you to download back to that period.

For instance, Vanguard only allows downloads of two years worth of transactions.

If your data file is beyond that download period, you will be left with manually adding transactions or possibly placeholder transactions.  
This discussion has been closed.