Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Student Loan Details

I am trying to set up all of my student loans in Quicken 2018 (v R7.5, build 21.1.7.5). When I go to add the loan details I cannot get past the first screen without entering the length of the loan and the payment amount. Student loans are different from regular loans in that they can be in deferment and don't necessarily have a fixed length. 

Why does Quicken give you the option to say that your loan is a student loan if it won't treat the loan any differently than regular loans? Student loans are very common and Quicken should add features in the "Add Loan Details" that are specific to student loans. This would make the experience much better.
12 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• wtbivingswtbivings Unconfirmed, Member
    I would also like to know the answer to this question
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    No one in this Community, which is overwhelmingly other users, can answer "Why" type questions.
    And,  the few Moderators (who are Quicken employees) probably can't answer them either.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, the original poster's question about tracking student loans in Quicken deserves some further thought. Someone with long-term experience in student loans should invent a better way to create and manage them in Quicken. The current way is a joke, a bad one.