Fidelity money market cash reserves fdrrx no longer show up with my investments

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Premier for Windows 2018. cash reserves used to show with investments. Causes EOM problems when updating prices and investment activity. difficult to balance to Fidelity statement. Cash reserves is checked as one of the securities in customize current view.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Where is it not showing up? In Investing Portfolio views? 

If you go to the account and click on Holdings, does it show up there?

Two possibilities are
    1) Quicken has downloaded a share price of $0.00 rather than $1.00, causing the value of your holding to show as $0.00

2) You have two similarly names securities that look like this fund and one of them is hidden.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Jim. Yes, it does not show up in investing portfolio view by market value. Yes, it shows up as the correct cash value under holdings with the correct market value and no shares or share price as it should be . There is only 1 security with Fidelity cash reserves FDRXX. It used to show up in my portfolio view as market value but has not for a few months now. I guess I can live with going to holdings to see my cash value but it would be nice to know why it no longer shows up in portfolio view at all.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Options
    When you click on Holdings to display the Account Overview, does FDRXX show up as a separate holding, or is it listed as Cash?

If it is shown as Cash, then Fidelity is not downloading Buys and Sells in FDRXX to zero out the account's Cash but is treating that fund as the cash balance in the account. Also when the fund pays a dividend, it will download as a Div rather than ReinvDiv. I don't have a Fidelity account, but that is the way some brokerages work.

To see this money in an Investing Portfolio view, click on Customize then Securities and make sure No Security (includes Cash) is selected. 
  • Jim_Harman
    edited June 2018
    Options

When you click on Holdings to display the Account Overview, does FDRXX show up as a separate holding, or is it listed as Cash?

If it is shown as Cash, then Fidelity is not downloading Buys and Sells in FDRXX to zero out the account's Cash but is treating that fund as the cash balance in the account. Also when the fund pays a dividend, it will download as a Div rather than ReinvDiv. I don't have a Fidelity account, but that is the way some brokerages work.

To see this money in an Investing Portfolio view, click on Customize then Securities and make sure No Security (includes Cash) is selected. 

I should also note that the display of Cash in Investing portfolio views has changed for the better recently. In earlier versions of QWin, Cash was never shown if you grouped by Security and always shown if you grouped by Account, ignoring the setting of "No Security (includes Cash)". 

Now the display of Cash follows that setting, as it should. 
This discussion has been closed.