Track investments in app

crazykz
crazykz Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I use Quicken for Windows and the IOS app.  How do I enter and track investments?  All I see how to do is to enter them on the watch list.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    > "How do I enter and track investments?"

You create an appropriate investment account and (optionally) connect it to your brokerage for transaction downloading.
    To track individual investments, you record Buy (and Sell and other) transactions to match the actual activity at the brokerage.

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.

Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to
    help familiarize yourself with Quicken:

https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips

https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on
    how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task,
    function, feature or report in Quicken Help.

To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or
    click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).

Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one
    of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more
    details.

Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy
    security".

Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question
    mark. Click it to get view - specific help.

Somebody else will have to chime in about tracking investments using the Mobile App.
    I don't use it myself.
  • crazykz
    crazykz Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for your reply!  How do I actually create an investment account in Quicken?  All I see is adding accounts like debt, property, etc.  I have many different stocks that I want to be able to track in Quicken automatically, and thus on my phone after syncing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thank you for your reply!  How do I actually create an investment account in Quicken?  All I see is adding accounts like debt, property, etc.  I have many different stocks that I want to be able to track in Quicken automatically, and thus on my phone after syncing.

What version of Q Win are you running?  Because all versions ABOVE "Starter Edition" have the ability to track Investment accounts.

You need to create the account on your desktop product, before you can upload it to Q Mobile.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• crazykz
    crazykz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I'm using Quicken 2017 Deluxe Version R17.4
    How do I create the stocks accounts on my desktop product?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Tools > Add account > Brokerage (or whatever type of account it actually is)
    QWin Premier subscription
  • crazykz
    crazykz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thank you!  I was able to get my Vanguard info downloaded via the Brokerage.  I however wasn't able to pull in my Charles Schwab PCRA account at all.  I tried 3 times. I do not want to put in amounts daily into Quicken.  That defeats the purpose of my downloads.  Any other way to do this?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Others here have struggled to get Schwab accounts to download due to password problems. Contact Schwab and/or search this forum for more info.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • crazykz
    crazykz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I found out that I had to enable 3rd party access in Schwab.  Then it works like a charm!
This discussion has been closed.