tracking selected investments performance

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Hello, I am new to Quicken and I am going to use to track the performance of different assets groups on my account. Which would be the easiest way to customize portfolio/reports to get the performance of different assets groups?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Welcome to the Community.

When you say assets, do you mean securities like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc, or do you mean  assets like cars, your house, etc?

Quicken has many options for grouping securities. If you give more detail about what you want to do, we can give some specific ideas.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you Jim for your answer.
    Yes I need to group mostly stocks, some bonds and options to track the performance over time of different investing strategies.
    Thanks for your help
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    OK,

First you need to have the securities in Quicken, recorded in your various accounts, with the dates and prices when you bought and sold them. If you don't currently hold the securities, you can add them to your "Watch list." If the securities are publicly traded, you can have Quicken download historical prices for them.

Once the data is in Quicken, you can view it using the Investing > Portfolio views. I find the Avg Annual Return columns on the Historic Performance view most useful. The Recent Performance view shows shorter term performance. Check out the Group by options to see if these groupings work for you. You can also customize these views or set up your own views to include different columns and selected securities and accounts.

The investing Performance tab is another place to see the performance of your securities.

Check these out and post back if you have other questions.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.