Some paycheck entries have no data in them when I open them to view details

Jay C
Jay C Member ✭✭✭
Some paycheck entries dating back to Dec 2017 have no data in them when I click on the splits icon to open up the transaction details. Judging by transfers into other accounts, I assume the data is still there, but every single section has no line items and totals of 0.00. What is the cause/fix for this bug?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.

Just to verify that all is there ... Pull up a transaction report showing splits or, from the register a Register Report (press CTRL-P) to see the split details.

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Quicken HAB, Year 2019, Ver R14.23, Build 27.1.14.23

When I mouseover the grayed out "--Paycheck--" text in the Category and Tag fields, the temp pop-up shows data for the dozen or so categories listed. Also, transactions into other accounts show in those accounts. That's actually how I discovered this - one of the accounts was showing a duplicate transfer from last month, so I went to the originating paycheck to take a look. So it seems the data is there, it's just when I pull up the full view of the paycheck splits, everything is empty. This is the case on several paycheck entries, but not all. Previously they were not like that.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

When I mouseover the grayed out "--Paycheck--" text in the Category and Tag fields, the temp pop-up shows data for the dozen or so categories listed. Also, transactions into other accounts show in those accounts. That's actually how I discovered this - one of the accounts was showing a duplicate transfer from last month, so I went to the originating paycheck to take a look. So it seems the data is there, it's just when I pull up the full view of the paycheck splits, everything is empty. This is the case on several paycheck entries, but not all. Previously they were not like that.

HMMM, when I select a paycheck in the register, the Category and Tag fields are grayed out ... but not otherwise.  See graphic:
    SO, have you tried Validating your Q data file? It's a 2 step process:
    FILE, File Operations, Copy.  Leave all of the default values alone, THEN, using the copy
    FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair ... being SURE to check both "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Here's the mouseover popup of the gray text "---Paycheck----"  (the correct values are there off to the right, out of view):

Here's the paycheck splits window, with no data:

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

OK, but you've said nothing about the File Validation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I ran the File Validation. All of the transfers from the effected paychecks were pegged as "damaged transactions" that should be "deleted and re-created". I noticed that anomaly before the validation. I had deleted a paycheck and replaced it with a good copy of another one, however all the original transfers remained and I had to manually delete each. My guess is all the data associations to the paycheck entry broke somehow. I guess I will have to check all my taxes and stuff as well. Geez.
This discussion has been closed.