The "Business Income and Expense" report does not include all transactions.

Product Q Home and Business 2019. Under the "Business" tab I call up the "Business v Expenses" report. I get a bar graph showing gross income and expenses for the last 6 months. When I double click on the income bar for October, I show three categories of revenue with their totals. Under the primary category, "consulting" when I double click for details of the "consulting" total revenues, I find that I now can see that in fact my gross 'consulting' revenues are more thanimageimageimage double that shown on the report total. What's up with that? And how do I fix it?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    HMMM, have you tried Validating your Q data file?  It's a 2 step process:
    1) FILE, File Operations, Copy.  Leave all of the default values alone, and then USING THE COPY,
    2) FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.  Be sure to check BOTH "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK.

What's especially curious about this is that the 1st and 3rd graphs seem to agree with each other (Income of a bit over $4k) but disagree with the Register.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

1) FILE, File Operations, Copy.  Leave all of the default values alone, and then USING THE COPY,
    2) FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.  Be sure to check BOTH "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK.

What's especially curious about this is that the 1st and 3rd graphs seem to agree with each other (Income of a bit over $4k) but disagree with the Register.

Hi, Thanks for your time on this. Yes, it is peculiar that the graphs agree but the "consulting" register does not. That's the only revenue account with the problem. It's and AR account for that service.

I did validate the data, but I did not use the little two-step technique you advise, nor did I select "Rebuild Investing Lots." I will give that a try and let you know what happens. Quicken chat support gave up and recommended I have a tech share my screen. I haven't had time to pursue that yet. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Please try the 2 step approach.  That 1st step correct some errors that Validate can't get to.
    AND, since you're product includes investment accounts, please include the Investing step.  Your file corruption COULD be there ... and manifest anywhere.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.