Going from QW 2016 to QM2019 (subscription). Several thousand transactions missing after conversion

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
I want to move my QW 2016 to QM 2019 (subscription).  I installed QM 2019 Deluxe (subscription) and it updated itself to latest level.  I then pointed it to the QDF file that I moved to the MAC and conversion began and completed.

Problem is my converted transactions only go up to year 2006.  I'm missing 12+ years of transactions.  My transactions start at 1993 and that works perfectly in windows.  I never have to worry about pruning transactions (as one had to do many years ago in Quicken).

What could be the problem here?  I've installed, uninstalled & reinstalled several times with same result. 

Also, I can uninstall QM but it always reinstalls, using same data file.  Can't figure out where to delete data file so I can try different files as one could easily do in QW.

Please help as I am becoming very disenchanted with QM.  I need my Quicken program.

Thank you very much. 

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Click on file, Then choose Show <file> in finder. You can rename or delete in finder.

Also in QW can you export to Quicken Mac?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks.  When I install QM it asks for QDF file.  I moved QDF from my Windows PC to my MAC and the QM install used it after converting it.  And only converted transactions up to year 2006.

I have no idea where it places this converted file.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Paul, by default, Quicken places data files in your user folder's Library folder. To get there, while int he Finder, hold down the Option key and pull down the Go menu to Library. (Library is only visible in the menu when holding the Option key -- Apple's way of trying to keep users from muting around in here unless they really want to.) In the Library folder, navigate to Application Support > Quicken.

You can skip doing that and simply open your Quicken file and use File > Move To; specify where you want your data file, and it will be moved there.

In terms of the incomplete data import, one thing you can do is look at the log file created during the import. Do this inside Quicken by selecting Help > Show Logs in Finder. The log files are generally easy enough to read to find what errors Quicken encountered trying to import. 

Last: do you still have access to your Windows computer? If so, I'd suggest going back to QW and make sure you do every step in this article about preparing your Windows data file before importing it into Quicken Mac. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jacobs said:

Paul, by default, Quicken places data files in your user folder's Library folder. To get there, while int he Finder, hold down the Option key and pull down the Go menu to Library. (Library is only visible in the menu when holding the Option key -- Apple's way of trying to keep users from muting around in here unless they really want to.) In the Library folder, navigate to Application Support > Quicken.

You can skip doing that and simply open your Quicken file and use File > Move To; specify where you want your data file, and it will be moved there.

In terms of the incomplete data import, one thing you can do is look at the log file created during the import. Do this inside Quicken by selecting Help > Show Logs in Finder. The log files are generally easy enough to read to find what errors Quicken encountered trying to import. 

Last: do you still have access to your Windows computer? If so, I'd suggest going back to QW and make sure you do every step in this article about preparing your Windows data file before importing it into Quicken Mac. 

Thank you.  I will try your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.