Investment 401K Register shows Negative Balances

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
401K Closed....when I downloaded the QFX from the institution, after acct closed; I saw entries for each Investment that showed "Terminated" for each Mutual fund I had been invested in...and of course, all were in Red.  However, viewing HOLDINGS, it still shows each Fund with number of shares I had held in each.  I would have thought Holdings would have shown Zero number of shares held.  The Register shows a Negative Securities value and a Positive Cash Balance.  

What manual entries must I make to properly show the 401K as a Total Zero balance......manually selling off each Fund....I am concerned about doing that as it could render the register a nightmare as to Balances.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If the balances for the closed account were zero before downloading, you could just delete the newly downloaded transactions.

Back up your data file first in case you do not like the result.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The balances were Not zero...before downloading and clicking on the QFX file to Update the Acct.  The QFX entered all Funds in Red and showed Fund Terminated.  So Deleting all the QFX entries would not zero out the acct.   
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Perhaps I misunderstood.

We're the balances correct before all this happened?

Go to Edit > Preferences> Investing transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked. Are there any Placeholders?

What were the actual downloaded transactions that reduced the share balances - Sold? Removed?

Have you closed the account in Quicken?

What happened in real life to the securities and cash that were in the account?
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.