How do I request a refund for a Quicken subscription purchased via amazon.com?

Before purchasing Quicken earlier today, I researched multi-currency support. Information I found on the Intuit/Quicken website indicates there is support for multiple currencies, so I thought I was good to go. Unfortunately, only after purchasing, installing and activating the product, I discovered that nowhere near all currencies are support, nor is there support for 'generic' currencies. You know, one with no currency symbol, and you can set the separators to the characters of your currency. Since Quicken does actually not support my needs, I want to seek a refund immediately. How do I go about doing that?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • JayBird
    JayBird Member
    Thank you both for your answers! Tyka, I have submitted the request via the link you provided.
  • JayBird
    JayBird Member
    Hello Jaybird,

To request a refund for a product purchased from a third party, please fill out the refund form found at https://www.quicken.com/refunds.

After filling out the refund form, the refund department will contact you via email so keep an eye out for their email!

-Quicken Tyka
    Hello again Tyka - I have not yet seen any reply to my refund request, which I submitted on 3 February 2019. I expected this to happen in 24-48 hours; are they running behind?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

Hello Jaybird,

The order was from a third party -Amazon, so that refund can take 3-4 weeks.

https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products.

When and how will I receive my refund?

Refunds for electronically delivered products through Quicken are typically applied to your debit or credit card within 2 - 3 days.  If you purchased an electronically delivered product (download) from another retailer, you will receive your refund via a paper check in 3 to 4 weeks.

This refund will come in the form of a check by mail and the address will need to be a Canadian or US address, please ensure that your address is updated in your account at https://www.quicken.com/ and respond back when this is complete.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JayBird
    JayBird Member
    Hi again - First, I have not lived in the US in several years. Second, we don't use paper checks here. Since it appears Intuit is unwilling or unable to refund directly to my purchase method (a credit card), do I need to either take this up with Amazon, or dispute the purchase with my credit card issuer?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response.

I apologize, we are unable to process a refund for this on our end.

I would contact Amazon directly for resolution.

Please let us know if Amazon is unable to resolve this.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JayBird
    JayBird Member
    As expected, Amazon was able to painlessly and immediately resolve this situation for me by providing a refund. I would strongly suggest that you clarify currency support in Quicken, as well as offer "generic" currency support. By 'generic' I mean let the user pick the decimal and thousands separator characters, at a minimum.
This discussion has been closed.