How can i edit multiple investment transactions (

Options
Jon Foster
Jon Foster Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Just trying to change the date of multiple transactions in bulk. The fact this is not intuitive is really surprising ( and very frustrating).  

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not just type the new date into the Date column, one transaction at a time, in chronological order (you want to try and keep Buys to occur before later Sells)
    May I ask why you need to change the date of a bunch of investment register transactions? Are you downloading transactions or is everything strictly manual data entry?
    For entry of Dates, remember the keyboard shortcuts (available for review in Quicken Help). Quick date entry: just type 4 digits with leading zeroes for dates in this year (0131 for Jan 31) or 6 digits for other years in 20xx (013118 for Jan 31, last year)
  • The Real Dude
    Options
    I'm late to the game here, but would consider process as described below, after a backup and creating some "control totals" to later verify the process worked.
    1) Export the transaction to a QIF file. Filter the desired transactions to create the file.
    2) Edit the QIF via Excel or other: Search and Replace for desired results.
    3) Delete the transactions in the Quicken file via Bank Transaction report (see well documented method to delete multiple transactions)
    4) Import the corrected QIF to the desired account.
    5) Verify the process worked with "control totals" (I often use a Interval Net Worth Report over long period of time to verify nothing material has changed with amounts.)

Be cautious of splits, spinoffs, ... and similar transactions. I have not tested this, but I believe it would work.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Edit Multiple Transactions"  is a misleading menu name since it only allows the clearance field to be changed and no other transaction fields.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Edit Multiple Transactions"  is a misleading menu name since it only allows the clearance field to be changed and no other transaction fields.
    It is sort of misleading, but I don't know what else would be a good name for it.  You can also delete and duplicate transactions with it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.