Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Getting incorrect transaction download from Schwab

About 95% of my Schwab account downloads are correct. Only one account is incorrectly downloading a specific Market Value belonging to one of my funds even though its Cost Basis, # shares, price, etc, are all correct. Any reason why the specific Market Value would be incorrect? The Schwab website shows all the correct figures. 


  • prosete
    prosete Member ✭✭
    And yes, I've deleted and added the faulty account several times, as well as deleting and adding all accounts several times at once also without success.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on Holdings in the account, the Market value of each security should be Quote * (# shares) 

    Is it really different?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • prosete
    prosete Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, it's different. That account was purchased in 4 lots on the same date. 3 of the 4 lots are fine. The 4th lot has the same Cost Basis as the website shows but the Market Value (in Quicken) is only about 26% of the one shown on the website for the account. Quicken does "compensate" for the missing 84% of the Mkt Value by listing it as a negative or loss for the missing amount.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just manually delete the 4 lots, and create a single entry for the purchase.
    I've done that for like 100shrs, when they came across in splits as the price trigger was reached on the same day, and multiple physical buys were executed.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • prosete
    prosete Member ✭✭
    Good idea! I'll try that and let you know...thanks!
  • prosete
    prosete Member ✭✭
    Well, that made the fund clearer to track (from 4 separate lots down to 1) but, unfortunately, it did not help. Anyway,  somehow, all on it's own, and after several rounds back and forth deleting and adding accts, it sorted itself out!  I have no idea how or why it worked itself out but it did and now the balances match. After collapsing the 4 lots into 1, I ended up deleting all accounts once again and backing up the Q file w/o the accts. I uninstalled and reinstalled Q and restored the data file (w/o the accts). I then added all 4 accts back in and...nothing happened! Still no success. I then kept going back and forth, downloading transactions several times, and that's when it finally sorted itself out. But I have no clue whether I ended up doing anything to make it work or why it worked itself out.  But all transaction now match! Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.