How to add a post to the Community
PRO TIP: before posting to the community, make sure that you search for it first! It's likely that your question has already been answered.
If you want to post a to the community, just click the “Ask a Question” button on the top of the Recent Discussions page, or on top of each thread page. You'll see some options when you click the dropdown:
Ask a Question: if you just have a question about how to do something in Quicken, select this option. You'll be notified via email if someone has answered your question.
PRO TIP: you'll see an option on each answer to vote--please select Yes or No to help other users find the right answers, and thank the person that answered your question!
New Discussion: If you just want to talk about something related to Quicken, choose this option. Others can comment on your thread and further the discussion.
New Idea: If you have an idea on how to improve Quicken or the Community, select New Idea. Other users can vote on your idea; the more votes your idea received, the likelier it will be implemented!
Some guidelines to keep in mind when posting to the community:
- Choose the category that best fits your specific question, so it’s easier to find and will receive faster responses.
- Add a screenshot or video of what you're seeing (just be sure to cover any personal info!).
- Be as detailed as possible--what version of Quicken are you using? Are you receiving an error? Which bank are you having issues with? The more detail you add, the quicker you'll have an answer. Be sure to pick a product category.
- Be respectful--a lot of the folks on this community are users, just like you--treat them like you would want to be treated!
- If you have specific feedback or ideas for Quicken, be sure to select the “Idea” category when you post—this will go directly to our product team.
- Pay it forward--if you're a Quicken user, see if you can answer some questions while you're here!