How set-up auto download for retirement account

Options
I have a 403(b) retirement account with Transamercia in Quicken already. When I try to set up auto download it takes me to a the 401(k)/403(b) Setup screen and asks for Name of this account. It will not let me enter the current name. It want to to set up the account again instead of setting up auto download as I have done with my bank accounts.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to the existing account and click on the gear at the top right.
    Select Edit account details
    Select the Online Services tab.
    From here you should be able to activate online services for this existing account.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

From what I can tell, Transamerica does not offer what you're referring to as "auto download". They only offer Web Connect downloads, where you manually logon to the Transamerica web site and initiate the download.

If you do that, you should be able to link the downloaded Web Connect data (the QFX data) to your existing Quicken account.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• woodsonc1461
    woodsonc1461 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having a similar problem. I have an existing IRA account which I used to be able to download from to Q. They changed their account servicing company and I upgraded to Q subscription from Q2017. The account is now set-up to download to Q but when I go to set-up online services in Q, it keeps wanting to set up a new account. Q will not let me use the existing account. Whether I enter directly thru the cog on the account page or go thru the Accounts list, it keeps wanting to set up a new account. How can I get this set up?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having a similar problem. I have an existing IRA account which I used to be able to download from to Q. They changed their account servicing company and I upgraded to Q subscription from Q2017. The account is now set-up to download to Q but when I go to set-up online services in Q, it keeps wanting to set up a new account. Q will not let me use the existing account. Whether I enter directly thru the cog on the account page or go thru the Accounts list, it keeps wanting to set up a new account. How can I get this set up?
    If the Add / Activate account process does not allow you to LINK your brokerage account to the existing account register, it may still be activated for downloading from the old brokerage.
    Deactivate the old account, then try adding or activating it using the new brokerage.
This discussion has been closed.