BANKING SUMMARY REPORT WILL NOT DEFAULT TO FULL PAGE WIDTH

Recently installed 2019 Quicken Deluxe - OS: Windows 10, current updates.
Every time I try to print a Banking Summary Report it shows and prints as a compressed, centered column, not full 8 1/2 x 11 page width. If I move the 'bars' between 'category' and 'date' at the top I can force it to be full 8 1/2 page width but it reverts back to center column format with any change or recalling from 'saved reports'. How can I save my full page width format as the default? Hopefully screen shots of both are attached. Thanks in advance for help.

Best Answer

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    No sure I understand your concern with the report being centered as long as you have the information you need. In the Banking Summary Report there is a window adjacent to Column that may default to "don't subtotal." There are also other options for the report such as "week" - "two weeks" - "Month" - "Half Month" - "Year" and others. Most of those report options will fill an 8 1/2 X 11 page without being centered in the page. Maybe try some of those options and see if they work for you
  • Harry S
    Harry S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Gary - Thank you for responding. I will try those options and let you know if they solve my issue. Just tried all options you suggested, all 'display' options and all 'customize' options. None of those cause the report to be full page width.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem that you describe - customized report column widths are not saved when you save a report - has unfortunately been present for many years and, despite being reported here many times, has not been fixed by Quicken.

This may be a limitation of the 3rd party report generator that Quicken uses, but if not, it would sure be nice if they fixed this!

Maybe if this post gets enough "Likes" it will get their attention.  
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Harry S
    Harry S Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jim. Just another reason I did not want to switch from Quicken 2005. That worked perfectly but would not re-load when I had to reinstall Win 10.
  • Harry S
    Harry S Member ✭✭
    Jim - just made a comment in the link you sent. Not certain I voted correctly. I clicked the green window at the top the read 3 votes and it went to 4.  Thank you.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 to 4 means your vote was counted. Thanks!
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.