How can I change a mortgage payment account?

I am changing the bank account I use to pay my mortgage. There appears to be no way to change the account using the current payment I have set up. Do I have to delete it and create an entirely new payment? 

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW are you making that payment?  Are you using either Quicken BillPay, or your bank's BillPay?  In either of those cases, you'll need to create a new payment transaction and delete the old one.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    I'm using bank bill pay outside of Quicken, which I've adjusted and changed appropriately. But there's a series of transactions that seem to be generated by the mortgage, which then matched to the bank transactions. I did drag the transaction from the old to the new payment account -- something just made available in the new release -- which seems to have done something, but we'll see if it tries to record the transaction in the old or new payment account. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that your mortgage lender is generating a payment to your bank account?
    OR are you saying that you have a Memorized mortgage payment transaction in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    There's a memorized transaction generated by the mortgage account with it's payment schedule _in Q_ (which calculates principal and interest, conveniently). That matches monthly to the bank's transaction, which is something I set up with my bank to pay the mortgage processor. But I can't figure out how to change the payment account of the memorized transaction ... I can change the date, frequency, and all sorts of other things, but not the pay-from account.

But I found out after posting that I _can_ drag the series to a different pay-from account, which may have resolved my question (I will wait a month to see!)
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    J_Mike nailed it! Because everyone would look for the 'pay from' account under 'Bill Reminder' (??!?). Well, now it's on record.
This discussion has been closed.