Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I change a mortgage payment account?

I am changing the bank account I use to pay my mortgage. There appears to be no way to change the account using the current payment I have set up. Do I have to delete it and create an entirely new payment? 

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    HOW are you making that payment?  Are you using either Quicken BillPay, or your bank's BillPay?  In either of those cases, you'll need to create a new payment transaction and delete the old one.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    I'm using bank bill pay outside of Quicken, which I've adjusted and changed appropriately. But there's a series of transactions that seem to be generated by the mortgage, which then matched to the bank transactions. I did drag the transaction from the old to the new payment account -- something just made available in the new release -- which seems to have done something, but we'll see if it tries to record the transaction in the old or new payment account. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Are you saying that your mortgage lender is generating a payment to your bank account?
    OR are you saying that you have a Memorized mortgage payment transaction in Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    There's a memorized transaction generated by the mortgage account with it's payment schedule _in Q_ (which calculates principal and interest, conveniently). That matches monthly to the bank's transaction, which is something I set up with my bank to pay the mortgage processor. But I can't figure out how to change the payment account of the memorized transaction ... I can change the date, frequency, and all sorts of other things, but not the pay-from account.

But I found out after posting that I _can_ drag the series to a different pay-from account, which may have resolved my question (I will wait a month to see!)
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    J_Mike nailed it! Because everyone would look for the 'pay from' account under 'Bill Reminder' (??!?). Well, now it's on record.
This discussion has been closed.