Replicating LifeYield Tax Optimizer Functionality?

Options
KnnNike
KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
I guess I was one of only a small group of people that used the LifeYield Tax Optimizer tool before Quicken removed it last year...too bad, because the core functionality (achieving optimal portfolio allocation across multiple taxable and tax-deferred accounts) is sorely needed. Unfortunately, the LYTO tool is now only available for a steep fee (something like $30/month), which I'm not [yet] willing to pay.

Does anyone have any recommendations on other tools or products I could use to replicate what LYTO used to do? What about anything built into Quicken? The closest thing I've been able to find in the way of recommendations is Personal Capital, but all it does is tell you your allocation across multiple accounts. Nothing that says "XX% of account YY should be invested in asset class ZZZ"

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you Google "asset location" you can get some good general advice (not personalized) along the lines of what LYTO used to provide. White papers from Vanguard and the bogleheads.org wiki are good sources. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen that stuff. But it's all theoretical and based on generic situations. I guess I was hoping that someone had found a tool that could be used with existing portfolio information.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With any of these tools you would need to take their advice with a grain of salt and take into account what they are trying to sell you.

I have more confidence in my own plan.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.