"uncleared" transactions

How to clear "uncleared" transactions in an investment cash account

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    There are many ways. One way is to select the uncleared transactions and right-click and select Reconcile Status > Cleared.
  • JD104
    JD104 Member ✭✭
    This directs me from the linked cash account to the investment account
    There is no option there
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JD said:
    This directs me from the linked cash account to the investment account
    There is no option there
    If you're referring to a transfer, you may select Cleared in the pull-down menu of the Clr field of the matched transaction. 
  • JD104
    JD104 Member ✭✭
    No.....I have a number of investment accounts. To each i have a linked cash/checking account. So, ie: if i purchase a security it appears in the investment side and increase that account. Conversely, it reduces the cash account by the same amount. BUT....every buy or sell appears "uncleared" in the cash account. It does not clear after "one step update." I have had Quicken for many years....never seen this and I cannot unclear.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JD said:
    No.....I have a number of investment accounts. To each i have a linked cash/checking account. So, ie: if i purchase a security it appears in the investment side and increase that account. Conversely, it reduces the cash account by the same amount. BUT....every buy or sell appears "uncleared" in the cash account. It does not clear after "one step update." I have had Quicken for many years....never seen this and I cannot unclear.
    I have no difficulty manually setting transactions in the investment account as Uncleared, Cleared, or Reconciled and having doing so set the matching transfer transactions in the linked checking account to be Uncleared, Cleared, or Reconciled, respectively.

I also have had no difficulty importing transactions into the investment accounts and having the accepted transactions appear as Cleared.

Which version and release of Quicken are you using?
  • JD104
    JD104 Member ✭✭
    2019....never had a problem with upgrades until this one.
    I had Quicken support on my computer for 2 days with and other problem, no answer to this. "Uncleared" appears on cash transactions left of the date in red with a pencil and the word Uncleared.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JD said:
    2019....never had a problem with upgrades until this one.
    I had Quicken support on my computer for 2 days with and other problem, no answer to this. "Uncleared" appears on cash transactions left of the date in red with a pencil and the word Uncleared.
    I'm using 2019 R19.44 and do not have the issue you've described. 

If the issue is reproducible in a test data file, the installation may be corrupt and I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

If the issue is not reproducible in a test data file, the real data file may be corrupt and you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    @JD said:
    "BUT....every buy or sell appears 'uncleared' in the cash account. It does not clear after 'one step update.'"

I think you may have missed the full meaning of Sherlock's post when he said:
    " ... setting transactions in the investment account as Uncleared, Cleared, or Reconciled and having doing so set the matching transfer transactions in the linked checking account to be Uncleared, Cleared, or Reconciled, respectively."

Which means: Setting the Cleared Status (Clr column) in the investment account should set the same Cleared Status in the corresponding transaction in the linked checking account.

If the investment account transaction already has a Cleared Status of "c": modify the investment account transaction Cleared Status to a space; then modify that investment account transaction Cleared Status again, back to a "c".

When I do that in my test file, the blank Cleared Status in the linked checking account has been changed to a "c".

[Frankly, that is more work than I would want to do. If it happened to me, I would just leave the linked checking account transaction's Cleared Status as uncleared until my later reconcile changed all those Uncleared transactions to Reconciled transactions.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you regularly reconciling your investment account's linked cash account?
    That takes care of marking all types of transactions as "R"reconciled.
This discussion has been closed.