Anyone else having slow startup times?

After the latest update release, it is taking my Quicken a long time to connect with the Quicken server, sign in to Quicken and display my home screen. This only has occurred since the last update.

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Bruce Rose" ,

See this post:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest

You do not specify which Quicken product you are using.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    OK...Here you go...

I am using Quicken 2019 for Windows - R19.44, build 27.1.19.44
    I am running on Windows 8.1 with all current updates and patches. I am connected to the internet via my home wi-fi and a Comcast data/voice router.

I had zero issues with 'loading speed' prior to the last update. Since then, I have had multiple issues , some of which were corrected with a sign out/sign in from Quicken.com - -

The issue I am reporting is extremely slow load/startup...apparently as my Quicken must log in to the Quicken server. I stress again...this only started happening after the last update.
    \
    Thanks...
    Bruce
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a blank window at startup for several seconds with 19.44 that I did not see with 18.16. I doubt it's due to Quicken connecting to a server because that is not new with this release.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• thecreator
    Hi @""Rocket J Squirrel" ,

With 19.44 in this partition with Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 18922.1000, I see a small Blank Window that disappears, then Quicken Home & Business loads fast,

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every computer is different. I have 2 Win7 computers and Quicken startup time differs greatly between them. I have observed this for years and never determined the cause. But with 19.44, starting Quicken on my faster machine is definitely slower than it was with 18.16. I don't see a small blank window at all. I see a big blank window, namely Quicken's main window.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• thecreator
    Hi @""Bruce Rose" ,

Are you familiar with your \Temp Folder locations in your UserID Account and \Windows\Temp?

I use File Explorer and go to the folder locations and empty them manually.
    Then I run Glary Utilities from https://www.glarysoft.com/  and CCleaner Free from:  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

I run both daily. This might mean that this is the reason, I don't experience the problems that you and others face.

I keep the operating systems clean.

This discussion has been closed.