I use passwords on many accounts that are longer than 20 characters

:/ I use passwords on many accounts that are longer than 20 characters. 20 seems to be the limit that Quicken for Mac will allow me to put in?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Robert-Johnson,

Sorry, you have yet to receive a response.

The password limit for financial institutions in Quicken should be 32 characters.

What are the names of some of the bank's that you are using?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert-Johnson
    Robert-Johnson Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I had a 24 character password set on my bank account. When I went to update quicken, I have Quicken Deluxe 2019 for Mac, Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100) on MacOS 10.14.5, it would not let me enter a password greater than 16 characters.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response,

Is the program asking for an online banking password or a Quicken ID password?

If it's an online banking password, can you tell me the name of the financial institution that you are seeing this with?

I would like to compare this to my Quicken to see if I experience the same character limit.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert-Johnson
    Robert-Johnson Member ✭✭
    It was asking for the online banking password. Bank of America
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, when banks make changes to their websites, they forget to notify the OFX Support people at Intuit about these changes.
    I very much suspect that this is the case here.
    The bank needs to let Intuit know about supporting longer passwords, so that the bank's profile can be updated and allow for longer passwords ... up to 32 characters. AFAIK that's limited by the OFX protocol.
    Until that gets changed, you are limited to 16 characters.
    Please talk to the bank's support people who are in charge of the transaction download services.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    It is a little odd,

I am only able to 20 characters on both Bank of America and in Quicken.

I'm not sure why you are only able to enter 16.

The limit I am getting in Quicken matches BOFA.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.