Loan linking using payoff amount instead of actual principal balance

I linked my loan account from USAA and then went to enter the loan details. The "current balance" pulled in from the downloaded information is actually the 10-day payoff amount and not the current principal amount. This is not editable. Further, when I enter the terms of the loan, Quicken is not correctly calculating the monthly payment amount (it is too low). I suspect it has to do with the error in obtaining the current balance, but I cannot fix this using any of the editable data in the loan information form.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Jenlanu,

Sorry, to hear that you're experiencing issues with adding a loan account.

When a loan account is connected for automatic download, as you have found the loan details can't be edited.

I would try going to Settings > Troubleshooting > Deactivate downloads to deactivate the account for download and then see if you are able to edit the loan.

If the issue persists, I would try creating a new manual loan account and see if the results are better.

For steps on creating a manual loan, please see 
    https://www.quicken.com/support/setting-accounts-quicken-mac.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jenlanu
    jenlanu Member ✭✭
    No that did not work. The loan is not calculating my payments correctly at all. I triple checked that I had entered in all of the information correctly. I tried adjusting some other items, like faking that the loan started this month with the current balance as the original balance, but that didn't work either (although it was closer).

One reason I used to love Quicken was that the debt payment schedule and debt reduction tool was so powerful, but if I can't even get this to work it's not worth the Deluxe subscription.
This discussion has been closed.