Reconcile Investment Accounts in Quicken for MAC

gary
gary Member ✭✭
I have Quicken 2017 for MAC and use it to track several brokerage accounts. I use the Reconcile feature which reconciles only Quickens' current balance of the Money Market Fund w/r/t the online balance of the Money Market Fund associated with the brokerage accounts. That is it does not include or reconcile the value of stocks, bonds, ETF or mutual funds within the brokerage account.

That is until my most recent reconcile.

Now the online balance from the bank contains the total value of the account not just the Money Market portion, whereas Quicken continues to use only the Money Market portion to reconcile against the online balance.

Why is this happening now? Is this due to a Quicken upgrade? Or is this due to a change in how my financial institution inputs into Quicken.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Gary,

I have a few questions.

When reconciling using the Online Balance, is it the balance that is being displayed that now seems to transmit a different balance? If this is the case, the financial institution provides this online balance.

Do you see this issue because of a reconcile discrepancy and the discrepancy appears to be because the reconcile is taking into account more information than previously?

Are you running this reconcile from a brokerage account that has a cash balance or from a money market account?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.