Quicken ios app and web app continues to reject proper AMEX credentials - day 5

Options
mkrosse
mkrosse Member ✭✭
since June 23, have been unable to access AMEX with proper credentials in either ios app or web app. credentials work correctly in both QW-Premier and at amex.com.

WORSE, each ios and web app attempt increments AMEX invalid login security counter and soon causes amex to lock my account - forcing another password reset with Amex. it appears that ios app and web app are somehow garbling the password as it moves through Quicken servers, or may improperly handle the special character requirement, eg. # sign, that AMEX password protocols require.

Still worse, AMEX technical support attempted to help, [removed - inaccurate]

Summary: 4 use cases
1/ Amex credentials work correctly with QW-Premiere
2/ Amex credentials work correctly with americanexpress.com
3/ Amex credentials invalid with Quicken ios app - causing amex account lock
4/ Amex credentials invalid with app.quicken.com - causing amex account lock

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @mkrosse

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and troubleshooting steps available at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856172/faq-common-mobile-web-sync-errors-and-solutions and let us know if this helps to resolve the invalid credentials errors in the Mobile and Web Apps.

If not, I recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ijgordon74
    ijgordon74 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I was having the exact same problem; here's how I seem to have fixed it:
    Under the "Mobile & Web" tab in the banner at the top of the application window, in the box on the right "Accounts enabled on mobile and web", click the settings/gear icon to get to the Edit Account Settings dialog. Un-check all the Amex accounts here, and then click "Update Accounts". Quicken will remove Amex from your mobile account. You can refresh the iOS app to verify. Then go back and repeat the steps above, but *check* the boxes for the relevant Amex accounts. Enter the password again, and Update Accounts.
    This worked for me for Amex.
    But I'm still having a problem with USAA, so we'll see...
    [ETA - apparently the USAA account needed my PIN here, not my password, go figure]
This discussion has been closed.