App not synching

:# Not a happy camper. Ever since I purchased the latest Windows version of Quicken Deluxe, I'm having trouble syncing. I have had to log out and back in multiple times to get it it so sync. I never used to have to do this. Now, I just got home from a 10-day vacation. I entered all my expenses in the mobile app, which I have used for years. (I do not download from my bank.) I went to my computer today to synch and again had to log out and back in again. I synched and nothing new came down. I went to the app on my phone and had to log in again there as well. After logging in, I checked my account on my phone and NONE of my entries were there from my vacation. They just disappeared. The app appeared to work fine during vacation, no error messages, everything uploaded and refreshed just fine. I am SO frustrated!

Best Answer

• ortrek
    ortrek Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for getting back to me. This has been frustrating. Yes, the Agent did take me through the process of resetting my cloud data. It was quite a process, but we did it. However, it still wasn't synching correctly at that point. We tried one synch and it worked mobile to the cloud. But later it wouldn't synch from computer to cloud. HOWEVER, it IS working today. It looks like there were updates for both the desktop and cloud. I have tried a couple times both directions, and it seems to be working correctly with the new updates. Thanks for checking. Fingers crossed!
    Rich

Answers

• ortrek
    ortrek Member ✭✭
    UPDATE: I spent over an hour with tech support in a chat. (The first support person, Paul, dumped me halfway through.) The next person took me through a bunch of steps and we thought it was working right. I started re-entering data from my vacation on the computer, then tried to sync. Just got error messages. I signed out and signed back in. Quicken Mobile says it has never synched. I synched it and seemed to work. Went to the app and nothing. Closed and reopened, I had to sign in AGAIN. It then synched. I should not have to sign out and in on each platform every time I want to synch. I did not have to in the previous version. Anyone have the same problem? Solutions??
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ortrek

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Based on the explanation of the behavior you are experiencing, it sounds as though the Cloud Data might be "out of sync" between the multiple devices.

Did the Support Agent walk you through resetting the cloud data at all?

If so and the behavior persists after a reset of the data, I would recommend deleting the current cloud account and synced data.

A new cloud account will be automatically created when the Mobile Sync is reactivated, but should sync a clean copy of your data between all devices, removing the need to sign in/out on each device to update the data.

Please let us know how it goes and errors/issues persist.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ortrek
    ortrek Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for getting back to me. This has been frustrating. Yes, the Agent did take me through the process of resetting my cloud data. It was quite a process, but we did it. However, it still wasn't synching correctly at that point. We tried one synch and it worked mobile to the cloud. But later it wouldn't synch from computer to cloud. HOWEVER, it IS working today. It looks like there were updates for both the desktop and cloud. I have tried a couple times both directions, and it seems to be working correctly with the new updates. Thanks for checking. Fingers crossed!
    Rich
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Rich,

I'm glad to hear that it is syncing correctly after the updates and appreciate your posting back with the update :)

If issues do return or if there is anything else the Community may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.