How do I hide a security?

Options
Upgraded to 5.11.2 and unable to hide an individual security like I could in 2007. What gives?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no functionality to hide securities in Quicken Mac that I'm aware of. In the securities list (Window > Securities) you can see which securities are currently in use in the right-most column. If you click twice on the Currently Held column heading, it will sort the securities with the active ones at the top, which makes it easier to find the ones you likely want more quickly.

But that doesn't help if you're manually entering a transaction and you click on the Security field -- the drop-down menu includes all securities in your database. They would need to create a way to hide not-in-use securities for that. If you feel that's a desirable feature, you can go to this thread and cast your vote for this functionality -- click the little gray arrow in the blue box.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no functionality to hide securities in Quicken Mac that I'm aware of. In the securities list (Window > Securities) you can see which securities are currently in use in the right-most column. If you click twice on the Currently Held column heading, it will sort the securities with the active ones at the top, which makes it easier to find the ones you likely want more quickly.

But that doesn't help if you're manually entering a transaction and you click on the Security field -- the drop-down menu includes all securities in your database. They would need to create a way to hide not-in-use securities for that. If you feel that's a desirable feature, you can go to this thread and cast your vote for this functionality -- click the little gray arrow in the blue box.
  • pccook
    pccook Member
    Options
    I'm shocked this simple feature is not present in the latest version of Quicken for the Mac.
  • jacobs
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @pccook I'm actually surprised there haven't been more complaints/requests about this. As for being "shocked" about the absence of a feature, well, there are lots of features that are still on the wishlist for many users! ;)  I think the developers have been focused on the big ones which prevent users from upgrading from the old Quicken 2007 (or Quicken Windows) over ease-of-use enhancements like this would be.

In any case, I saw that the link I embedded in my post above got lost, so I've fixed it now. You should visit that thread and click the button to register your vote. The more votes, the more likely it will catch the attention of the developers to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.