How to lock the first column when printing multiple pages

My report contains several months, so the first printed page includes the Categories and Jan to March, and the rest of the months appear on the following pages.

Is there a way to have the Categories column appear on each page before the other months? In Excel, one can lock Col A to print on each page. Is there a Quicken equivalent?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "Spending by Category" report does that naturally.  What report, what Quicken version.  More detail needed.  
  • Graebeard
    Graebeard Member
    Quicken Deluxe (latest version) and the Current Budget Report

I setup Date Range as Custom for Mar - Aug, with Monthly intervals
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm using Q 2019 R 20.15 and my Current Budget Report repeats the category column on each page. Page setup is 8.5*11 Landscape.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Graebeard
    Graebeard Member
    OK, did the updates and validation. No problems or errors.

If I run the report with All Dates, the Category column shows up on each page. However, try Quarter To Date or the Custom Date, and the Category list appears only on page 1. Interestingly, the Year to Date works fine. I guess I'll just have to use that version.

Thanks folks
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it depend on how many columns are displayed?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Graebeard
    Graebeard Member
    I don't think so. It seems that reports with a fixed number of columns will show the categories, but whoever setup the formatting didn't consider the Custom report.
    It's also unfortunate that we can't resize the column widths.

Ahhh... life is full of challenges ........
This discussion has been closed.