When Exporting to Excel, Why Can't Quicken Add Formulas Where There Are Category and Row Totals?

Options
I find it very frustrating to have to add total formulas every time I export a report to Excel. This process can take up to a half hour. I need this for organizing the data in a variety of ways, such as moving expenses from one category to another; changing the actual expenses and having the category total change at the same time etc.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I expect that's an impossible ask.  The file formatting for transferring simple "information" into Excel is well understood and pretty easy to implement.  But asking that "formulas" be transferred adds a whole extra layer of complexity and I just don't see that happening.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Randy M said:
    I find it very frustrating to have to add total formulas every time I export a report to Excel. This process can take up to a half hour. I need this for organizing the data in a variety of ways, such as moving expenses from one category to another; changing the actual expenses and having the category total change at the same time etc.
    Why do you need to do these things in Excel instead of directly in Quicken? All the things you've listed are easy in Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.