I'm missing about $1800 in the cash of an investment account, going back to 2013.How to fix?

pjw7
pjw7 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Investing (Mac)
I can't find the error. Can I just add a correction to my Mac account so it matches my brokerage one?

Best Answers

• pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think It was a transfer in kind from this account in 2012 which also I seem to have recorded as a cash deduction. I just redeposited the cash from my slush fund cash account (which I don't track) and all is well!

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no trivial amount and need more explanation regarding going back to 2013. Has this always been off by the same amount going back six years or just a recent development? If recent, did you delete an account or transaction that may have been a transfer to this account? If it's always been off, can you go back to an earlier (2013/2012) statement to try and determine the cause? As a last resort you can make an adjustment, but IMHO that is not the right way to find an error.
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭✭
    Was converting accounts from Q2007Mac to the new subscription QMac version. the Q2007 account coincides exactly with the Broker's statement every year. The new Q file is short $1809 in the cash portion every year. Right now, I just want to retain Q2007 for history, and move ahead with QMac. Can I just insert an error correction entry of !809. in the QMac 2013 account, or would that cause a pile-up elsewhere?
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think It was a transfer in kind from this account in 2012 which also I seem to have recorded as a cash deduction. I just redeposited the cash from my slush fund cash account (which I don't track) and all is well!
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭✭
    I've actually been using Q2007 since 1999, but it was a long slow learning curve with many mistakes.
This discussion has been closed.