back two display stacks and opening logo and display boxes are tiny and obscure content

Ron Shepherd
Ron Shepherd Member ✭✭
Using Windows 10 with new Toshiba laptop, with newest updates to [Q]uicken.The opening logo is tiny and that goes to display settings. Once I resolve that main display explodes. Tried every option / record from Quicken site and from community. Should be simple with no hardware or software out of date or incompatible??? What else to try? so as a legacy quicken user since 1983. I remain amazed how they transfer customer solutions to their user base. But so be it. Help me please if anyone knows.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ron Shepherd
    Ron Shepherd Member ✭✭
    To be clear, I don’t care about the tiny opening logo but that’s the indicator that other displays like the two back screens for the home and the file/ view etc tab screen is almost fully obscured and boxes come up with parts of them outside the box view or in some cases partially off the whole screen. For example after “reinstalling Amex downloads per instructions that box keeps coming up on each new download start but is so obscured I finally click something to close it but can not get it to stop coming up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please describe what you mean by: main display explodes.

If you aren't already, I suggest you open Quicken on the display you have set to be primary.  If the task bar icon appears without the application window, hover the cursor over the icon until the preview window appears, then right-click on the preview window and select Restore or Maximize.
  • It appears Quicken stacks three different screens. In the back is the title and file name screen. On top of that screen is the file, edit reports, etc. screen. Then stacked on top is the working screen with the action tool bar and the actual transactions, portfolio screen, etc options with which to actually work. The screen resolution within quicken itself appears to be so different for the back two screens that the two important back screens may be significantly higher in resolution and therefore smaller print? The front screen nearly obscures the stacked back stacked screen that obscures it’s further back screen screen so they can barely be seen and very difficult to access... I tried to clarify this point as it applies to other pop up screens Quicken opens, for example the recent need to reenroll some accounts for transaction downloads. I could not see the bottom choices to click out as the pop up screen was so small as to obscure the details in the box. Even the download screen does not fully appear and many screens open partially outside of screen view and have to be moved to be see action boxes.
    I don’t know how to set up screen resolutions in different display choices within the same app, nor do I think Quicken should require that. I admit I’m befuddled but wonder if this is really a user issue, users should be figuring out on their own?
    Course just want to figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.