Turn OFF Scheduled Updates

There are over 100 responses and NONE of them address my question.

If I uncheck the Financial Institutions--will this just stop AUTO updating, or will it disconnect me from ALL updates to that institution?

I want to be able to link my financial accounts and update them. I just want to stop running the SCHEDULED updates because they don't work. The way that most customers expect Scheduled Updates to work is: it updates at 2 am while I'm sleeping, so that at 5 am they are updated and ready for me. No input required.
The way it actually works: at 2 am a box requiring my input pops up. It stays up--which keeps my screen on--until 5 am. I have to type it in, and then wait for 10 minutes for Quicken to finish. Completely useless.
Now--because I made the mistake of activating it believing it would work the way Quicken describes it to work, and the way that every user expects it to work, I can't get it to turn OFF without disconnecting ALL my financial institutions from Quicken and starting over???
Quicken user 1988-2010
Mint user 2010-2017
Quicken again 2017-current

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I want to be able to link my financial accounts and update them. I just want to stop running the SCHEDULED updates because they don't work. The way that most customers expect Scheduled Updates to work is: it updates at 2 am while I'm sleeping, so that at 5 am they are updated and ready for me. No input required.

Scheduled updates work as designed perfectly.
    @Tom Young points out, it is simply a matter of using sign on at windows startup and setting your update time to whatever you want.
    FYI, you don't want to update @2:00am if you want to capture the latest banking activity. Banks perform end of day and inter-bank processing that runs well into the morning. For my bank, 8:00am is the earliest I can get the previous day's activity. I've used this feature for over a decade without any issue when set to Windows startup.
    One issue I have noticed however, is every time there is an upgrade, you have to set Scheduled updates on again.
This discussion has been closed.