Why can't Quicken remember it's last window size and position?

pickpropickpro Member ✭✭
Almost every time I open quicken on my Windows 7 desktop, I have to move and resize the window. Other software that I use does this. Grant it, this is only a minor issue but it is (removed) annoying.

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2019 does appear remember the last window size and position in the [Windows] settings in the user's QUSER.INI file within the hidden AppData folder when Quicken is exited properly and uses this information when Quicken is subsequently opened.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • pickpropickpro Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean by "exited properly". I always exit via the red "X" in the upper right corner. If I have made any postings or changes I do the backup otherwise I click later. Is there something else that I should be doing? As I previously stated, it only happens sometimes.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pickpro said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "exited properly". I always exit via the red "X" in the upper right corner. If I have made any postings or changes I do the backup otherwise I click later. Is there something else that I should be doing? As I previously stated, it only happens sometimes.
    Almost every time is not the same as only happens sometimes.

Using the X in the application title bar should allow Quicken to exit properly but it is possible Quicken is not exiting properly.  Note: In the current Quicken 2019, the X is no longer red.

If Quicken opens in an unexpected location or with an unexpected size, I suggest you first verify the setting in the QUSER.INI file.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20014745
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7