1 Month View

If there is no amount budgeted for an income category, then any actual income received in that month is not shown in the view screen. I then edited the budget category and entered $1.00. By adding this $1.00 the category now appears in the viewing screen. I think this is an error.

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2019
    You aren't clear if "edited the budget category" means you set a goal or entered a transaction to show usage in that category.

But, from your brief description, it sounds like the program is working as normal. 
  • lauriel1
    lauriel1 Member ✭✭
    John

Thanks for your reply. The software may be working as designed but I believe
    there is a major oversight.

I have attached some print screens which I hope explains the issue I have.

In summary if there is no budget for a particular category, yet there is "actual" income coded to this category it will not appear in the month view. When editing the budget and adding $1.00 then the category will appear in the month view.

I believe the category should appear in the month if there is a budgeted or actual amount.

Quicken Budget Issue.pdf
    Quicken Budget Month View no budget.pdf
    Quicken Budget Month View with budget.pdf
  • lauriel1
    lauriel1 Member ✭✭
    John Thanks for investigating this further. I will continue to look st options but may just put $1 amounts into the 12 month budget which will fix the problem for the moment. Thanks again !
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thank you for the clarification. I didn't know if you originally meant you had $0 (as in no spending for that category), or if you hand't setup that category in your budget. 

I think jacobs has covered the answer. I couldn't reproduce the error myself, either. 
This discussion has been closed.