Double-click on scheduled transaction - no longer automatically marks as Paid

In the latest update to Quicken for Mac (in the last month or so), something changed in the way Scheduled (repeat) Transactions work. It used to be the case that when I double-click on ANY field, it would let me edit that field and then (I think) automatically set that transaction to Paid (or it would ask).

Now, when I double-click, I can only change either the date or the amount. And it does not automatically go to Paid.

I often want to edit the Check # or other information, and I now have to do multiple clicks - one to mark as paid and then another click to edit the field(s) I need.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, the entire mechanism of scheduled transactions was re-written in the version 5.12 release to provide greater versatility and features. You can click once on the transaction and then click Paid. Or you can click on the transaction, click the little Edit pop-up under it, and select whether you want to edit just the next occurrence or all future transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    And while this new system requires two clicks (to mark as paid) when one would do before, it has the advantage that you can now change the date or amount (only those two fields) without marking as paid. This is something many users asked for. Say you got the bill for something where the amount changes from month to month. You want to enter the amount in the register, but you are not going to pay it right now. In the past, the only way to enter the amount was to mark as paid (contrary to what actually is happening). Now you can enter the amount but hold off marking as paid until you actually pay it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.