Importing security quotes from a CSV file

Options
As I have foreign securities I need to import quotes, so am trying to import from a CSV file. I am doing this first exporting a file from my portfolio on the Financial Times. This creates an Excel file in CSV format, but it places the tickler, price and date in 3 columns, rather than separated by commas as Quicken requires. I think it is for this reason that Quicken cannot read it. Is there any manipulation I can do to overcome this, or alternatively is there another portfolio web page, say Google Finance or Yahoo Finance, which works better?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The CSV file should be a text file with the values separated by commas (thus Comma Separated Value)

When looking at the file, open it with a text editor like Notepad to confirm the format, not Excel.

Perhaps because the Financial Times is British, they use a dot instead of a comma as the separator.

Take a look and paste a few lines of what you see if you need further help. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read more about the required format of this CSV file in Quicken Help (press F1 key from anywhere in Quicken to access Quicken Help).
    In Quicken Help perform a contents search "import csv".
    Click the article found. Click on any portions of the text marked in blue to expand it to show details.
    Dates should be specified in mm/dd/yyyy format with a 4-digit year.
This discussion has been closed.