Budget Widget on the Web Application shows '0' Actual Still

I'd like others to comment, whether any of the latest product updates have fixed the 'Personal Expenses' and 'Personal Income' showing '0' of XXXXXX and '0' Left for both of these rolled up numbers. If you select either one of them to drill into the income or expenses the individual categories show '0' of XXXXXX and '0' Left for ALL categories. I have deleted the web data and had it re-synced to no avail. Is this really fixed for others or does it still occur?

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Here is the png image of the 'widget' I am talking about.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Quicken support told me this is still a bug and has NOT BEEN RESOLVED in the past 9 months. Really? I don't think there is any bug that can't fixed in 9 months unless you're talking about 737MAX software! C'mon Quicken, you can fix this!
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Quicken, any input on this please?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @James Nail

I reviewed our system and was not able to locate an open ticket for $0.00 budget actual values in the Quicken on the Web companion App.

I also attempted to duplicate this experienced with my copy of Quicken for Windows and the Quicken on the Web companion App, but could not, I apologize.  

If you haven't already, I would recommend confirming that you are viewing the same data file/dataset in the Quicken on the Web app that you are viewing and syncing in the Quicken desktop software.

May I also ask, do you have multiple budgets created?  Is it possible that the wrong budget has been selected in the Quicken on the Web App?

If you have confirmed that you are viewing the correct data file and Budget in the Quicken on the Web App, I apologize but we will need to know some additional details about your budget set-up to further troubleshoot this issue.

Do you have the same accounts selected for the budget that you have selected for syncing?  If so, are there any uncategorized transactions for the synced accounts? 

If so, please categorize the transactions and sync once more - any difference in the budget data on the Web App?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    I am using the same data file and budget in Quicken as on the Web. I have 4 years of budget data in this budget from Jan 1, 2016, and some of the accounts may be closed within that 4 years ago and are not being sync'd. I regularly categorize all transactions. If I look at the spending tab in quicken there were some uncategorized transactions from 2016 that I categorized. Now, there are no un-categorized transactions since Jan 1 2016. I then reset all cloud data and re sync'd. The results are still showing '0''s. How should I proceed, please?
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Any Quicken input here, please?
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Any Quicken input here, please?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello James,

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I am also unable to recreate what you are seeing, when I sign onto the web companion app, I do not see $0.00 values in the budget screen.

As a test, have you tried creating a new budget to see if the amounts display correctly on the web app?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.