Unable to delete Cloud account

I have to admit that I have had quicken about about 20 years and I never thought about getting rid of it until now. I am using Quicken (R23.14) and entries I make on the Quicken for the Web, nor the Mobile App sync to my desktop. I want to delete my cloud account and I am unable to to so. Everything I read tells me to go to Edit -> Preferences-> cloud accounts and then delete the account. But that is not an option. At that point I can only "Edit Cloud Account Name". There is not delete option.

thanks,

Brian

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason you cannot delete the cloud account is because you are attempting to delete the account you are actively using. The following article should help get the account deleted.

• briangmac
    briangmac Member ✭✭
    I changed the name but I am still not getting the part in #4. Do I need to copy my quicken file on the computer and in the copy rename the dataset?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You need to perform a File>File Operations>Copy and create another Quicken data file. Open that data file (as it will not be the original current data file) and from there you will be able to delete the cloud account. Reopen your original data file and then you can delete to newly created cloud account.

• briangmac
    briangmac Member ✭✭
    Thanks. When I created a "test" file then I was able to delete the online account. The new issue now is that my savings account from my bank will sync with mobile but not my checking accounts. All from the same bank.
  • briangmac
    briangmac Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I should add that when I go to mobile and web tab and enter the password for the account Quicken says it is the wrong password, but it is not. I signed in to my bank directly.
  • sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    I followed all of the instructions and I am still unable to delete the old account. It has transactions that were deleted and not synced so I get errors that won't go away no matter what I do.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @sgj31

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to remove the dataset.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.