delete multiple investment transactions

Quicken 2017 Premier Version R19.7
I need to delete many duplicate investment transactions (50-100) that were downloaded years ago in error.

Best Answer

Answers

• rich_nj
    rich_nj Member ✭✭
    The transactions in question were download from a brokerage house several years ago. In the report they are listed as Action = Added, Memo=xfr from another account in quicken. From what I tried Shift select and Control select only select a single transaction. Selecting a single transaction will work, but it will be slow and tedious
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As q_lurker says, it you go to Reports > Banking > Transaction and select just the account and date range where the problem transactions are, you can do a Shft-click or Ctrl-click to select multiple transactions then click on Edit at the top of the report and select Delete transaction(s) 

To finish cleaning up the account, you may also need to resolve any Placeholders that are affecting your share balances. Make sure the Placeholders are visible by going to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and selecting Show hidden transactions if you have not already. 

Back up your data file first in case something goes wrong or you make a mistake...
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rich_nj said:
    The transactions in question were download from a brokerage house several years ago. In the report they are listed as Action = Added, Memo=xfr from another account in quicken. From what I tried Shift select and Control select only select a single transaction. Selecting a single transaction will work, but it will be slow and tedious
    I suspect you did not understand @q_lurker's suggestion: select Reports > Banking > Transaction, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, Clear All, check the investment account, and select OK.   You may customize the report further if desired.  Ctrl + left click and Shift + left click should work as expected in the report.  To delete the selected transactions, you may right-click and select Delete transaction(s) or you may select Edit > Delete transaction(s).
  • rich_nj
    rich_nj Member ✭✭
    Interesting; if I use the Banking transactions report I can select multiple transactions. But if I use Investing transaction report I can only select a single transactions. It appears that the Banking Report "View " will do what I need. Thanks
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rich_nj said:
    Interesting; if I use the Banking transactions report I can select multiple transactions. But if I use Investing transaction report I can only select a single transactions. It appears that the Banking Report "View " will do what I need. Thanks
    Right -- the two reports behave differently.  You can also customize the report based on the memo field since it appears that the transactions in question have a common memo field.  
This discussion has been closed.